Instructor, Human Development and Family Studies
The Department of Counseling, Leadership, and Educational Studies at Winthrop University is seeking a highly engaged non tenure-track instructor to teach in an undergraduate National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) recognized Human Development & Family Studies (HDFS) degree program. We seek a candidate who will be an exemplary leader, teacher, scholar, and active participant in the college, on campus, and with community partners.
- Master's in Human Development & Family Studies or closely related field
- Subject matter expertise in Family Studies or Family Life Education
- Ability to work collaboratively with departmental members in maintaining and strengthening the program
- Successful college teaching experience
- Coursework or cognate in Adult Development & Aging, Family Life Education, Child & Adolescent Development, Family Studies, or closely related field
- Certified and/or eligible for Family Life Educator (CFLE) certification
- Demonstrated ability in the use of technology and digital tools for instructional purposes
- Working knowledge of the National Council on Family Relations 10 family life education content areas
Founded in 1886 and located in Rock Hill, South Carolina, Winthrop University offers its 6,000-plus undergraduate and graduate students an educational experience that blends liberal arts, professional programs, global awareness, and civic engagement. In its degree-granting Colleges of Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, and Visual and Performing Arts, Winthrop embraces only those programs and activities that can be delivered at an exemplary level. Winthrop is well known for its inclusive and supportive campus environment, with University College supporting programs in both academic and student affairs. Winthrop University is achieving national stature as a competitive and distinctive co-educational, public, residential, comprehensive, values-oriented institution. The values of service, excellence, diversity, community, and leadership provide the foundation for the University’s continuing development and shape Winthrop’s continuing success. Numerous national accolades reflect the sustained high quality and value of the Winthrop Experience, including the most recent U.S. News & World Report’s ranking of Winthrop as one of the top-10 public comprehensive universities in the South. Winthrop is an active member of the Rock Hill community and is recognized as a key component of the region’s economic resurgence. Approximately 20 minutes from Charlotte, North Carolina, Winthrop has direct access to and is engaged in a broad and expansive regional arts and business community. Winthrop’s beautiful campus encompasses a rich architectural blend of neo-Georgian buildings and is included in the National Register of Historic Places. The attractive recreational and research complex area that surrounds Winthrop Lake is home to Winthrop’s 18 Division I men’s and women’s sports.
Winthrop University is committed to providing a safe campus community. Winthrop conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.
2020 Alumni Drive
Rock Hill, SC 29733