Local Affiliate Councils
- Affiliate Councils Directory — See all state/regional and student affiliates and how to get in touch with them
- Affiliate Councils Resources — Learn how to start a new state/regional or student affiliate, and get tips for how to make your affiliate the best it can be
- Affiliate Councils Awards — Service awards, grants, and more are available to affiliate members
- Affiliate Councils Events — See which affiliates are planning local conferences
Ten state/regional affiliate councils and 27 student affiliates give NCFR a local flavor.
Affiliates allow professionals and students to engage with others in their local area who share their professional interests, exchanging ideas and engaging in ways to strengthen family relationships on a local level. Through an affiliate, you'll be able to stay in touch with local colleagues through conferences, events, and other initiatives your affiliate chooses to take on.
Student affiliates at colleges and universities offer great opportunities for resume-building and connecting academic experience to the real world. NCFR student affiliates are building awareness for their academic programs and Family Science and for family professions. They also do good deeds and having fun. See what NCFR student affiliates have been up to.
Interested in Starting a New Affiliate?
Affiliate Councils Board (ACB)
The Affiliate Councils Board (ACB) serves as the governing body for the Affiliate Councils. These elected positions are open to members of local affiliates and offer another great way to get involved in NCFR. The Affiliate Councils are represented on the NCFR Board of Directors by the ACB President-Elect.
In addition, the ACB plans a major workshop for affiliate members at the NCFR Annual Conference each year, which focuses on topics to strengthen the local organizations' work.
See the Affiliate Councils Board bylaws (PDF).
Affiliate Councils Board Members
- Joanne Roberts, CFLE, President (2021-2023)
- Lyndal Bee Lian Khaw, President-elect (2021-2023)
- Janis Henderson, Conference Program Chair (2021-2023)
- Rachel Jumper, CFLE, Secretary (2020-2022)
- Jennifer Newquist, Student Affiliate Adviser Representative (2021-2023)
- Rebecca Oldham, Students and New Professionals Representative (2020-2022)