How the NCFR Annual Conference works
Here's what you can expect to see in this year's four-day (plus one preconference day) schedule:
- 4 plenary addresses (the major speakers at the conference)
- A dozen special sessions that feature invited speakers
- Myriad other research and practice presentations by your colleagues — paper presentations, symposia, roundtables, and workshops
- 10 poster sessions
- Several receptions — the social events of the conference
- Annual meetings of NCFR member groups like sections, focus groups, and committees
- And don't forget preconference workshops on Tuesday: Theory Construction and Research Methodology (TCRM) sessions, and workshops about media training, sexual violence on campus, and using MAXQDA software.
Sessions and meetings are scheduled all day every day, from about 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Saturday wraps up around noon). You can choose how many sessions you'd like to attend to get the conference experience you want!