2017 NCFR Annual Conference Schedule
How the NCFR Annual Conference Works
Here's what you can expect to see during the four days of the conference (plus one preconference day):
- 4 plenary addresses (the major speakers at the conference)
- A number of special sessions that feature invited speakers
- Myriad other research and practice presentations by your colleagues — paper presentations, symposia, roundtables, and workshops
- 5 poster sessions — more posters at each session this year!
- Several receptions, the social events of the conference
- Annual meetings of NCFR member groups like sections, focus groups, and committees
- And don't forget preconference workshops on Tuesday. Theory Construction and Research Methodology sessions and other opportunities are already planned and available for registration.
Sessions and meetings are scheduled from about 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday through Friday. Saturday regular sessions wrap up around noon. You can choose how many sessions you'd like to attend to create your ideal conference experience!
To build your personal conference schedule, get the conference app, which will also help you keep up on other conference details while on site.
Schedule Release Timeline
- Late spring: conference highlights and a preliminary skeleton schedule (at the bottom of this page in PDF format)
- Late summer: the entire conference schedule with session details
- Fall: collections of sessions grouped by topic
- Conference time: the PDF of the printed conference program will go online; last-minute schedule changes are posted