2021 University Receptions
Showcase your degree programs and meet prospective students and faculty by reserving a spot at the University Receptions at the 2021 NCFR Annual Conference.
The University Reception is an event on Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021, from 7:30–9 p.m. CT showcasing university programs and connecting universities with prospective students and Alumni.
Hundreds of students and faculty attend this energy-filled annual event to learn about your programs and your department.
Thank you to our universities signed on for 2021!
- Auburn University - Department of Human Development and Family Science
- California School of Professional Psychology at Alliant International University
- East Carolina University — Department of Human Development and Family Science
- Kansas State University — Department of Applied Human Sciences
- Iowa State University — Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Purdue University — Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Syracuse University — Falk College of Sport and Human Dynamics
- Texas Woman's University — Department of Human Development, Family Studies & Counseling
- University of Maryland — Department of Family Science, School of Public Health
- University of Missouri — Department of Human Development and Family Science
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville — Dept of Child and Family Studies
- Utah State University — Department of Human Development and Family Studies
- Virginia Tech — Department of Human Development and Family Science
University Receptions Details
- Date/Time: Thursday, Nov. 4, 2021 | 7:30–9 p.m. Central Time | Virtual Zoom Meeting
- Price: $250 per program. Includes organization name, logo, description and link in conference online platform, listing on the NCFR website, and emails.
- Sign-Up Deadline: Oct. 8, 2021
How does a virtual reception work?
- All attendees are automatically entered for a chance to win in prize drawings.
- NCFR member Jen Doty will be our host as we first gather in a main room.
- All the participating universities will have a chance to briefly introduce themselves in the main room.
- Over the next hour, attendees will then have the opportunity to visit each university in a separate breakout room.
- In each room, universities and organizations have the opportunity to talk about their programs and answer questions from potential students.
- At the end of the reception, prizes will be announced in the main room.
What do we do in the breakout rooms?
It's totally up to you and your university to be as creative as you want!
Here are just a few ideas to engage visitors in your room:
- Invite a faculty member or alum in Family Science to be on hand to answer questions (please note that all attendees must register for the conference)
- Offer your own university prizes and giveaways (something that could be sent digitally or easily mailed)
- Show your school spirit! Dress up in school colors, have a school-themed virtual background, or think about other ways to showcase how great your school is.
Sign Up Today!
Your event participation fee gets your organization name, logo, description of your choice, and website link in the online conference program. We'll also be raffling major prizes to attendees who visit your table.
Please note: The people staffing your table must register for the conference.
Reserve Your Spot Today
Interested in other conference sponsorships or advertising, as well? Use the full conference marketing form to make your selections, including reserving your University Receptions spot.
Questions or needs regarding the University Receptions event? Email Judy Schutz, NCFR conference planner, or call her at 763-231-2893.