Student Information for the 2022 NCFR Conference
Each year, hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students attend the NCFR Annual Conference.
Registration — Special Rates for Students
Student Aide Program — Work at the Conference & Get a Registration Rebate
Hotel Rooms— Student Room Reservations and Rates
Register Early for the Best Rates
NCFR conference registration is now open! Special registration rates are available to all students — even deeper discounts for students who are also members of NCFR.
Student Aide Program
Students: When you register for the conference, sign up to work as a student aide and receive a $60 conference registration rebate! This is a benefit of NCFR membership. Become a member at our student rate today!
During the conference, student aides will assist NCFR staff with an assigned shift of approximately four to five hours.
General student tasks include the following;
- packet pick-up assistant
- registration desk assistant
- student aide desk attendant
- virtual audience moderator
- audio-visual equipment set up/tear down
- room monitors
- exhibit attendant/assistance
- Other various tasks as assigned by NCFR staff
Student aide slots are limited and fill quickly. Register early to take advantage of this opportunity!
How to Sign Up to Be a Student Aide:
- First, register for the conference. (Make sure you are already a member of NCFR!) During the registration process, select "Yes" for the question that asks whether you'd like to be a student aide. Proceed and complete your conference registration.
- Student aides must be NCFR members. You can join NCFR first, and then register for the conference at the NCFR student-member rate. As a student member of NCFR, you will then be eligible for a student aide slot.
- Look for a student aide email from NCFR. Beginning in June, we'll send you a separate email with a link to a survey where you'll fill in your availability and work preferences for your student aide slot. (For those who register for the conference in June or later, you'll receive this email shortly after you've registered.)
- Complete the survey once we've sent you the link so we know your availability and work preferences. The only way we can assign you a student aide slot is if you submit your availability and work preferences!
- In September, you'll receive your work assignment with your assigned date/time from NCFR. At that time, you'll need to sign and return your acknowledgement that you'll be able to work your shift.
A Few More Student Aide Notes:
- Remember: you must be a student member of NCFR to serve as a student aide.
- Once student aide slots are filled, NCFR will start a waitlist. Once the waitlist is filled, NCFR may close student aide signup at its discretion.
- Your student aide discount will be issued as a rebate after the conference. You will receive your $60 rebate only once you have completed your student aide shift at the conference and turned in your signed work form at the registration desk. We must have your signed work form to issue your rebate!
- Student aide rebates will be issued four to five weeks after the conference.
Student rooms are full. Please contact the hotel to make your reservations with the special NCFR discounted room rate. Use our reservation link to book your room before Monday, Oct. 24, 2022 at 5 p.m. CDT.