Student Information for the 2023 NCFR Conference
Each year, hundreds of undergraduate and graduate students attend the NCFR Annual Conference.
Registration — Special Rates for Students
Student Aide Program — Work at the Conference & Get a Registration Rebate
Hotel Rooms— Student Room Reservations and Rates
Register Early for the Best Rates
Student Aide Program
Students: When you register for the conference, sign up to work as a student aide and receive a $60 conference registration rebate! This is a benefit of NCFR membership. Become a member at our student rate today!
Student aides work a single shift of four to five hours at the conference, assisting NCFR staff with things like registration desk help, exhibit setup, and packing, room monitoring, and virtual moderator tasks, assisting with conference photography.
As a student aide, once you complete your shift and turn in your signed student aide work form at the conference registration desk, you will receive your $60 rebate four to five weeks after the conference.
Student aide slots are limited, and slots typically fill quickly, so register for the conference early to ensure you're able to take advantage of the opportunity!
How to Sign Up to Be a Student Aide:
- First, register for the conference. (Make sure you are already a member of NCFR!) During the registration process, select "Yes" for the question that asks whether you'd like to be a student aide. Proceed and complete your conference registration.
- Look for a student aide email from NCFR. Beginning in June, we'll send you a separate email with a link to a survey where you'll fill in your availability and work preferences for your student aide slot. (For those who register for the conference in June or later, you'll receive this email shortly after you've registered.)
- Complete the survey once we've sent you the link so we know your availability and work preferences. The only way we can assign you a student aide slot is if you submit your availability and work preferences!
- In September, you'll receive your work assignment and date/time from NCFR. At that time, you'll need to sign and return your acknowledgement that you'll be able to work your shift.
A Few More Student Aide Notes:
- You must be a student member of NCFR to qualify to serve as a student aide.
- You are not eligible for a student aide position if you are a SAG (Student Access Grant) recipient.
- Once student aide slots are filled, NCFR will keep a wait list. Once the wait list is full, NCFR may close student aide signup at its discretion.
- Your student aide discount will be issued as a rebate after the conference. You will receive your $60 rebate only once you have completed your student aide shift at the conference and turned in your signed work form at the conference. We must have your signed work form to issue your rebate!
- Student aide rebates will be issued four to five weeks after the conference.
Student Rooms 2023 NCFR Conference
A limited number of discounted hotel rooms for NCFR student members are available each year on a first-come/first-served basis for groups of three or four students who know they want to share a room together at the conference hotel.