NCFR Report Magazine
NCFR Report, NCFR's quarterly member magazine, is filled with research-based information about key family topics.
Report is also an opportunity for submission of articles — research- or practice-based — to the Family Focus section, and can be a useful resource for faculty and family educators.
Editor: Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE
- For sample copies, contact NCFR at 888-781-9331 or [email protected]
- For permissions, copyrights, and reprints, fill out our webform.
- For sample Family Focus articles, see the Sleep issue.
- For advertising in NCFR Report, see opportunities and specs.
The views expressed in NCFR Report may not represent the views of the entire NCFR organization.
Call for Authors
Summer 2024 Issue: Romantic Relationships
Proposal Deadline: August 15, 2023; Final articles due October 15, 2023
There are various types of romantic relationships, including causal, committed, situationship, and ethical nonmonogamous relationships. The purpose of the summer 2024 issue of Family Focus is to share with readers the advances that have been made in research, practice, and policies related to romantic relationships.
- What is the state of research and theorizing on the various forms of romantic relationships across the lifespan (e.g., adolescence, young adulthood, later life)?
- How are romantic relationships developed and sustained over time?
- How have policies supported and/or challenged the maintenance of romantic relationships?
- What evidence-based intervention and outreach strategies have been found to support healthy romantic relationships?
Authors are encouraged to critically assess how romantic relationships vary across age, ability, gender expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, national origin, or immigration status.
Prospective authors should submit their proposal online at www.ncfr.org/form/family-focus-author-proposal by August 15, 2023. All authors will be notified by August 22, 2023 of proposal acceptance. Complete articles are due October 15, 2023. Contact the editor at [email protected] with questions.
Please review our revised Author Guidelines
A Member Forum
NCFR Report is a quarterly magazine for members designed to encourage memberto-member dialogue, to inform colleagues about our research, and to discuss research
application for practitioners and policy professionals. Through Report, NCFR also builds our community by reporting on people, events, and organizational news.
Unlike the content of our scholarly journals, the articles in NCFR Report have not been
peer-reviewed. In the spirit of open debate and academic freedom, NCFR Report is a
member forum for exchanging ideas. The opinions or findings expressed are those
of the author(s), which may or may not represent the official position of NCFR as
an organization nor the prevailing scientific consensus on the topic.