Family Focus: Families as Catalysts
The Family Focus section of this issue of NCFR Report — "Families as Catalysts" — includes articles that address how families are able to contribute to their own wellbeing and to their communities and the larger world.
The Family Focus section of NCFR Report is exclusive to NCFR members.
- Overview and Introduction — by Judith A. Myers-Walls, Ph.D., CFLE Emeritus, Professor Emerita, Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University
- Familiar Politics — by Kennan Ferguson, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee,
- Missed Opportunities: Families as Family Health Navigators to Counteract Social Determinants of Health — by Sharon D. Jones-Eversley, Dr.P.H., Assistant Professor, Department of Family Studies and Community Development, Towson University; and Chimene Castor, Ed.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Nutritional Sciences, Howard University
- Setting the Stage for Families in Poverty as Catalysts: A Family Life Education Approach to Early Head Start Home Visiting — by Bridget A. Walsh, Ph.D., CFLE, Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, College of Education, University of Nevada, Reno
- Improving Family Well-Being Through Group Events — by Emily Aragón, M.Ed., doctoral candidate, College of Education, Concordia University–Portland
- Families Using Social Media to Become Catalysts for Change — by Julia M. Bernard, Ph.D., LMFT, CFLE, HS-BCP, Assistant Professor, Department of Counseling and Human Services, East Tennessee State University
- Along Came Jae: A Family- Designed Community Education Program — by Darbi Haynes-Lawrence, Ph.D., Associate Professor; D’Lee Babb, Ph.D., Assistant Professor; and Alayna Hawkins, student, Department of Family & Consumer Sciences, Western Kentucky University
- Families as Catalysts: An Editor’s Reflections — by Judith A. Myers-Walls, Ph.D., CFLE Emeritus, Professor Emerita, Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University
Visit this page to see a full PDF of this Family Focus section.