Family Focus on Family Resource Management
In this Family Focus section of NCFR Report, your colleagues write about health care literacy and costs, distribution of household resources, labor and gender equality, parental time allocation, homeownership, retirement planning in a family context, and more.
NCFR members: View the full PDF of this issue. You will need to be logged in to the website to view articles and the PDF.
- Opening Up the "Black Box": Researching the Distribution of Resources Within the Household — by Fran Bennett, Member of the Oxford Institute of Social Policy and Senior Research and Teaching Fellow, Department of Social Policy and Intervention, University of Oxford
- Familial Contexts of Retirement Planning — by Maximiliane E. Szinovacz, Ph.D., Professor, Department of Gerontology, John W. McCormack Graduate School of Policy and Global Studies, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Rethinking Homeownership — by Tami James Moore, Ph.D., CFLE, Professor, Department of Family Studies, University of Nebraska-Kearney
- The Roles of Paid and Unpaid Labor in the Production of Gender Inequality in Families — by Daniel L. Carlson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Georgia State University
- How Mothers and Fathers Allocate Time to Children: Trends, Resources, and Policy Context — by Lyn Craig, Ph.D., Professor, ARC Queen Elizabeth II Fellow, Social Policy Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Australia
- The Many Interfaces Between Money and Marriage — by Jeffrey Dew, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Family, Consumer, and Human Development, Utah State University
- Combating Family Financial Strain: Tools and Strategies for Family Practitioners — by Bryce L. Jorgensen, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, and Damon L. Rappleyea, Ph.D., LMFT, Associate Professor, MFT Program Director, Department of Child Development and Family Relations, East Carolina University; Clinton G. Gudmunson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Iowa State University
- Resilience and Housing Assistance Programs — by Brian Distelberg, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University
- Family Financial Lives — by Hannah Thomas, Ph.D., Senior Analyst, Abt Associates
- The Cost of Family Health Care and the Importance of Health Insurance Literacy — by Suzanne Bartholomae, Ph.D., Extension State Specialist-Family Finance and Adjunct Associate Professor, Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Iowa State University