NCFR Report: Mending Relationships
Family Focus on Mending Relationships
Escalated tensions in recent years have created (or widened) schisms in relationships among families, friends, and neighbors. We need to find ways to unite and promote the health, well-being, and stability of individuals and families. The purpose of the articles in this edition of Family Focus is to help mend these relationships within families, communities, and countries, with articles written from myriad perspectives.
Access to Family Focus articles is a benefit of NCFR membership — join today!
- Overview and Introduction — Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE
- A Family Professional Tackles Political Depolarization — William J. Doherty, Ph.D.
- Political Party Affiliation in 2020 and Its Contribution to Family Dysfunction — Alexander Chan, Ph.D., LMFT, and Jonathan Decker, M.S., LMFT
- Restoring Relational Wellness by Renegotiating Identities — Thomas W. Blume, Ph.D., LMFT, LPC
- Mending Relationships Through Self-Reflection — Carlene Olivia Fider, Ph.D., and Shey Quinton Olaoshebikan, Psy.D.
- Nurturing Family Connections: Communication Accommodation as a Vital Element of Trauma-Informed Practice in Difficult Family Conversations — Christina G. Yoshimura, Ph.D., LCPC
- “Come Back and Fix the Rift”: How Faith Encourages Relational Reconciliation — Loren D. Marks, Ph.D., and David C. Dollahite, Ph.D.
- Mending the Coparenting Relationship Following Relationship Dissolution — Emily H. Becher, Ph.D.; Sharon Powell, Ph.D.; Ellie McCann, M.S., CFLE; and Kate Welshons, M.S.W., M.P.H.
- Helping Estranged Parents Reconcile With Their Adult Children: The Letter of Amends — Joshua Coleman, Ph.D.
- Expectant and Parenting Youth: Counter-Narratives to Promote Social and Reproductive Justice — Caroline Black, Ph.D.
- Innocent Victims: Family Relationships in the Era of Mass Incarceration — Amy A. Morgan, Ph.D., LMFT; Sonia Molloy, Ph.D.; Joyce A. Arditti, Ph.D.; and Sabina Levine, B.A.
Each issue of NCFR Report features a "Family Focus" section containing research- and practice-based articles on that issue's theme, written by family scholars and professionals. Articles are accepted based on an editorial review process.
News Articles and Member Group Updates
News articles and updates from our spring 2021 issue are open to the public.
- Ted Futris Conferred Fellow Status by NCFR
- M. Elise Radina Selected as 2023 NCFR Annual Conference Program Chair
- In Memoriam: Robert E. Staples
- Looking Forward to 2021 — Leigh A. Leslie, Ph.D., NCFR President
- 2020 Conference Recap — Diane L. Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Tell Us Where You Work: Identifying Family Science and CFLE Employers — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- Disseminating Your Research: Lessons Learned From the 2020 NCFR Annual Conference — Jennifer Crosswhite, Ph.D., CFLE, Director of Research and Policy Education
- An Update on NCFR Journal Author Services — Diane L. Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Robert E. Keim: Champion of Family Life Educators — An Appreciation
- Call for Applications: Editor, Journal of Family Theory & Review
- Call for Nominations for 2021 NCFR Awards
- Member Group Updates