NCFR Report: Behind-the-Scenes
Family Science scholarship is mostly captured through “a product” such as a publication or report, a course evaluation, or a legislative bill. What often is shared are the “outputs” and “outcomes” of our scholarship – the end results of a lot of work and preparation. In this spring 2023 issue of Family Focus, we offer our readers an opportunity to learn what happens behind-the-scenes to advance Family Science research, programs, policy, and pedagogy!
Access to Family Focus articles is a benefit of NCFR membership — join today!
- Overview and Introduction: Behind-the-Scenes — Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE, Family Focus Editor
- A Behind-the-Scenes Look at the Winding Journey of Grant Writing — Kari Adamsons, Ph.D.
- When They Feel Seen: Using Collaborative Sisterhood to Understand Black Women’s Sexual Health and Development — Helyne Frederick, Ph.D., CFLE; Jeannette Wade, Ph.D.; and Sharon Parker, Ph.D.
- Behind the Curtain: Developing Meaningful Partnerships With Schools — Ani Yazedjian, Ph.D.; Luke T. Russell, Ph.D., CFLE; and Daniel G. Lannin, Ph.D.
- Developing a Policy Brief: Engaging Global Health Stakeholders to Address Infertility — Marie E. Thoma, Ph.D., MHS; and Elaine A. Anderson, Ph.D.
- Creating a Virginia Satir Training Practicum in an MFT Program — Michael Argumaniz Hardin, Ph.D., LMFT, CFLE
- Translating SoTL Findings to Students to Effect Learning in Family Science: A Knowledge Mobilization Approach — Trent W. Maurer, Ph.D.
- Curating Open Educational Resources for Family Science Courses — C. Rebecca Oldham, Ph.D.; Samantha Weir, M.S.; Claire Cook, Ph.D., CFLE; and Jaime Bruce, D.P.H.
- Looking “Under the Hood” of Family Science: A Doctoral Proseminar on the Process of Inquiry — Kevin Roy, Ph.D.; Amy Lewin, Psy.D.; Mona Mittal, Ph.D.; and Marie E. Thoma, Ph.D.
Family Focus PDF (members only)
News and Updates
News articles and updates open to the public.
- Four Members Receive NCFR’s Prestigious Fellow Status
- Sadguna Anasuri Appointed as 2025 NCFR Annual Conference Program Chair
- Dawn Cassidy to Retire from NCFR After 2023
- NCFR Seeks Editor for Journal of Marriage and Family
- President's Report: Seasons Change! — Norma J. Bond Burgess, Ph.D., NCFR President
- Executive Review: New Challenges to Selecting NCFR Conference Locations — Diane Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Directions: Family Life Educators, Assemble! — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- Family Science Report: Behind-the-Scenes—Creating NCFR’s Webinar Program — Jennifer Crosswhite, Ph.D., CFLE, Director of Research and Policy Education
- Family Science Impact: Translating Resilience Research Into Meaningful Knowledge & Skills for Individuals & Families — Member Q&A with Janis Henderson, Ph.D.
- Call for Award Nominations