NCFR Report: Recovering From COVID-19
Family Focus on Recovering From COVID-19
As we confront the challenges associated with re-opening schools, re-building the economy, and meeting the health and safety needs of individuals, families, and communities, the long-term repercussions of the global COVID-19 pandemic remain uncertain. This issue aims to shed light on how Family Science theory and research can help inform efforts to support families, schools, and communities during this recovery process.
Access to Family Focus articles is a benefit of NCFR membership — join today!
Articles open to the public are indicated with an asterik (*)
- Overview and Introduction — Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE
- *Promoting Resilience in Families and Communities Post-COVID: Lessons Learned From History and Science — Terry Webster, Ph.D., and Carlene Fider, Ph.D.
- Defining Family in Policy: Impact of Stimulus Checks on U.S. Families — Tami James Moore, Ph.D., CFLE
- Blame the Pandemic: Stress Spillover in the Recovery From the COVID-19 Pandemic — Hannah C. Williamson, Ph.D.; Yunzhi Zheng, M.S.; and Lisa A. Neff, Ph.D.
- How Will Mothers With Young Children Recover From Pandemic-Related Stress and Burnout? — Jennifer A. Mortensen, Ph.D., CFLE
- Challenges, Recovery, and Resilience in Single-Mother Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic — Zoe E. Taylor, Ph.D., and Keisha Bailey, M.S.,
- Using Mindfulness Techniques to Foster Resilience — Hannah Mechler, Ph.D., CFLE
- The Use of Narrative Therapy Practices to Address COVID-19 Adversity — Christine Hargrove, M.Div., MSFT; Avery Campbell, MSFT; Andrea Trejo, M.A.; and Jerry Gale, Ph.D., LMFT
- The Role of Extension in Community Health and Vaccine Uptake and Coverage — Bradford B. Wiles, Ph.D.
Each issue of NCFR Report features a "Family Focus" section containing research- and practice-based articles on that issue's theme, written by family scholars and professionals. Articles are accepted based on an editorial review process.
News Articles and Member Group Updates
News articles and updates from our spring 2021 issue are open to the public.
- President’s Report: Reflections on Inclusion and Diversity Committee and the Racial Justice Initiative — Leigh A. Leslie, Ph.D., NCFR President
- Executive Review: What We’ll Keep — Diane L. Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Directions: Virtual FLE Summit & CFLE Conversations — Expanding Services to Practitioners — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- Planning a Virtual Conference: Act II — Jennifer Crosswhite, Ph.D., CFLE, Director of Research and Policy Education
- Family Science Impact: Empowering Families to Navigate Their Children’s Early & Middle Years — Member Q&A with Jenell Kelly, Ph.D., CFLE, LCCE
- Congratulations to Our 2021 Elected Officers!
- Seeking NCFR Fellows
- NCFR Seeks Racial Justice Resources
- The Field of Family Policy Rests on the Visionary Shoulders of Vice President Walter Mondale — Karen Bogenschneider, Ph.D.
- Member Group Updates