NCFR Report: Bridging the Research-Practice Divide
Translating rigorous Family Science research into “real life” supports and tools for families demands intentional efforts to bridge the science of discovery and the science of practice. In this issue of Family Focus, the contributing authors illustrate the successes, complexities, and lessons learned when scientists bridge the research-practice divide.
Access to Family Focus articles is a benefit of NCFR membership — join today!
- Overview and Introduction — Joseph Grzywacz, Ph.D., Guest Editor; and Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE, Family Focus Editor
- Building Family Translational Science on a New Era of Theory, Research, and Practice — Karen Bogenschneider, Ph.D.
- Facilitating Continuous Quality Improvement of Programs by Establishing Effective Cross- Functional Implementation Teams — Ani Yazedjian, Ph.D.; Luke T. Russell, Ph.D., CFLE; Jacqueline Bible, Ph.D.; and Daniel G. Lannin, Ph.D.
- Using Translation Science to Empower Insights into Rural Early Intervention Practice and Research — Silvia L. Vilches, Ph.D.; Mari J. Pighini, Ph.D.; and Mary Stewart, M.A.
- Bridging the Research-Practice Divide in Child Maltreatment Prevention — Zena Shuber, J.D.; Kristen Quinlan, Ph.D.; Erinn B. Duprey, Ph.D.; Catherine Cerulli, J.D., Ph.D.; and Corey A. Nichols-Hadeed, J.D.
- Identifying the “Best” Online Resources: Applying Vetting Criteria to Curb Information Overload — Katie E. Davenport, Ph.D.; Cameron B. Richardson, Ph.D.; Jamie B. Irvin; Ryan P. Chestnut, Ph.D.; and Daniel F. Perkins, Ph.D.
- Supporting Family Resilience in the Context of Disasters — Shelley MacDermid Wadsworth, Ph.D., CFLE; Austin Toombs, Ph.D.; Nasreen Lalani, Ph.D., R.N.; Yumary Ruiz, Ph.D., M.P.H.; Kristine Marceau, Ph.D.; Carolyn McCormick, Ph.D.; and Cézanne Elias, Ph.D.
- Classroom to Community: Civic-Minded Family Science — Laura Landry-Meyer, Ph.D., CFLE; Courtney Elise Bockbrader; Patrick Caniglia; and Kassidy Marie Lefevre
News Articles and Member Group Updates
News articles and updates from our winter 2021 issue are open to the public.
- Katherine Allen Named Next Editor of NCFR’s Journal of Family Theory & Review
- NCFR Olson Grant Announces 2021 Recipients
- Get Involved in the Leadership of YOUR Organization!
- 2021 Award Recipients
- Our Continuing Quest to Answer the Important Questions — Norma J. Bond Burgess, Ph.D., NCFR President
- Moving Bravely (and Cautiously) Ahead Into 2022 — Diane L. Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Wisdom for Parents Book Funds CFLE Scholarship — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- NCFR Annual Conference — Moving Conference Receptions Virtually — Jennifer Crosswhite, Ph.D., CFLE, Director of Research and Policy Education
- Strengthening Family Relationships Through Therapy and Education — Member Q&A with Rachel Sullivan
- Research and Theory Section Update — Kayley Davis McMahan, Ph.D., Communications Specialist