NCFR Report: Families in the Shadows (Part 2)
The fall 2022 issue of Family Focus illuminated some of the gaps that exist and challenges that need to be addressed to advance Family Science theory, research, best practices, and policies on families who are often “unseen.” This issue furthers this goal, as our contributors shine light on additional families who reside in the shadows, and who are often unrecognized, less studied, underserved, or not valued.
Access to Family Focus articles is a benefit of NCFR membership — join today!
- Overview and Introduction — Ted G. Futris, Ph.D., CFLE, Family Focus Editor
- The Critical Role of Family Scientists within Disability Justice — Manasi Shankar, Ph.D., LPC, AMFT, NCC
- Placing a Child for Adoption and the Impact on Parenting of Subsequent Children — Laura Bloom, Ph.D., CFLE
- Including Birth Fathers in Adoption Research and Practice — Phil Weglarz, Ph.D., MFT
- Addressing the Concerns That White Fathers Have for Their Black Biracial Sons — Lorna Durrant, Ph.D., CFLE
- Helping Caregivers to Understand the Intersection of LGBTQ+ Youth Identity and Familial Religious Beliefs — Shannon Turchan-Meeks, M.S., CFLE, and Renae Swanson, Ph.D., LPC, NCC
- Estrangement, Grief, and Funerals: Finding Ways to Grieve — Michele Mayger-Skwirut, Ph.D., LMFT, CADC, CFLE
News and Updates
These articles are open to the public.
- NCFR Olson Grant Announces 2022 Recipients
- Congratulations to NCFR's 2022 Designated Award Recipients
- Congratulations to NCFR’s Honors Graduates for Fall 2022
- NCFR Board and Committee Elections Set for February 2023
- President's Report: When in Minneapolis... — Norma J. Bond Burgess, Ph.D., NCFR President
- Executive Review: Looking Back & Ahead: Advancing Family Science — Diane Cushman, NCFR Executive Director
- Directions: NCFR Annual Conference Provides Opportunity for CFLE Business and Networking — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education,
- Family Science Report: That’s a Wrap! The NCFR Annual Conference Returned to Being “In Person” — Jennifer Crosswhite, Ph.D., CFLE, Director of Research and Policy Education
- Family Science Impact: “Watching People Grow into Their Best Selves”: Advancing Family Coaching & Education — Member Q&A with Lisa Krause