How to Review a Conference Proposal
This free webcast by Dr. Karen Myers-Bowman, Kansas State University, and Cindy Winter, NCFR Conference Consultant, provides an overview of proposal review—the process, the criteria to consider, and examples of what makes for a strong (or weak) proposal.
Dr. Myers-Bowman, who teaches proposal review in classes with her graduate students, will break down the parts of a proposal and evaluation of them.
Watch individual segments
- Introduction and Step 1: Review the Call for Proposals (3:07)
- Step 2: Examine the Scoring Rubric (3:09)
- Step 3: Read the Proposals (2:03)
- Step 4: Score the Proposals using the Rubric (11:22)
- Step 5: Comments for Authors (1:46)
- Step 6: Comments to Section Chair (1:25)
- Step 7: Review the Review and Final Thoughts (8:44)
- Introduction to Oxford (9:01)