2020 Conference Proposal Reviewers Needed
The 2020 conference proposal system is now open and accepting submissions. The deadline to submit is March 2, 2020, by 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. Submit a proposal here.
NCFR members are sought to serve as conference proposal reviewers. A high number of proposals is expected, and to ensure a high-quality program, all proposals will be blind-reviewed. Reviewers are also needed for the TCRM Workshop. Serving as a proposal reviewer is a benefit of NCFR membership.
Access to the reviewer sign up form for NCFR members (You will be prompted to log in).
NCFR strongly values inclusiveness and diversity at all levels within the organization. Conference proposal reviewers from diverse and/or marginalized populations are essential to ensure high-quality proposal reviews and the selection of high-quality conference presentations that reflect the diversity of families around the globe.
The full details:
- Reviewers must be NCFR members.
- Faculty, researchers, doctoral students, and new professionals are welcome to volunteer.
- Reviews must be completed between March 13-30, 2020.
- Reviewers will be asked to select your areas of expertise. The proposals will be assigned to match this area of expertise with the keywords that authors selected when they submitted their proposals. Reviewers should be sure to allow sufficient time to complete all reviews in this tight two-week window.
- NCFR will assign five proposals for each section reviewers sign up for (a maximum of two sections).
- Each proposal takes approximately 45 minutes (or a total of 3.5 to 4 hours for five proposals) to read through and score online.
- In addition to reviewing 1-2 sections, please also consider reviewing additional proposals for TCRM, the Theory Construction and Research Methodology Preconference Workshop. You may edit your form responses to add this.
- Assigned reviewers will be notified on March 13, 2020 by email from Oxford Abstracts (Set the email addresses [email protected] and [email protected] as safe senders). At that time a file with explicit instructions for reviewing will be attached to the email.
The deadline to sign up as a reviewer is March 2, 11:59 pm PST. Thank you for your consideration!