4 new members sought for Academic Program Review Committee
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) is seeking four new Academic Program Review (APR) Committee members for terms beginning Jan. 1, 2017.
Email your application materials by December 9, 2016. More details are below.
The Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) APR Committee consists of nine to 12 appointed volunteer members who evaluate university and college applications for CFLE program approval. Each member serves a two- or three-year term.
NCFR receives approximately four new academic program applications per year. The review process involves evaluating applications for curricula in the 10 family life education content areas. The review process is electronic. Committee members will be supported in their work by NCFR staff, including the APR liaison and the NCFR director of family life education, who also make the committee appointments.
- Current Certified Family Life Educator with Full status
- Active NCFR member
- Current appointment in an accredited institution as full-time tenured or tenure-track faculty
- Master's degree required; doctorate preferred
- Experience with course design and development a plus
- Experience serving as a member of a curriculum committee a plus
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Review academic program applications and renewals within 45 days of receipt.
- Establish APR policies and procedures.
- Attend the annual APR Committee meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference in November (required). Expenses are the responsibility of the APR Committee Member.
- Attend the APR networking and question and answer sessions at NCFR Annual Conference (encouraged)
Positions are appointed by the NCFR director of family life education and the APR liaison. If interested, please email the following to Dawn Cassidy by December 9, 2016:
- Current vitae or resume
- Summary of participation in NCFR, including length of membership, section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, etc.
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Statement of Interest: Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Academic Program Review Committee and what do you have to offer?
- Headshot photo in JPEG format (at least 150kb) for use in announcements
For more information, email Dawn Cassidy or call her at 763-231-2882.