Advancing the Family Science Discipline in 2020
In 2020, NCFR revived its focus on strengthening the identity and visibility of the Family Science discipline. An Advancing Family Science initiative will continue through 2021 and beyond, thanks to the contributions, energy, and expertise of so many NCFR members.
Results of 2020’s work include:
- Extended online information about what Family Science is and why it’s important
- A collection of resources to support academic programs changing their names to include ‘Family Science’
- A bibliography of Family Science as a discipline
- A member town hall event and discussion at NCFR’s annual member meeting (member login required), with more than 70 NCFR members in attendance at each
- Regular content promoting the Family Science discipline and careers in Zippy News, and on Facebook and Twitter
Do you have comments about existing NCFR resources that support the Family Science discipline, or ideas and needs for future resources to further advance the discipline? Let us know!
Spread the word about Family Science. Visit NCFR's We Are Family Science website, and tell your family, friends, and colleagues why Family Science matters.