Apply for Positions on the CFLE Advisory Board
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) is seeking two academic representatives and one practitioner representative to serve on the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Advisory Board. The position begins Jan. 1, 2020.
Email your application materials by Sept. 3, 2019. More details are below.
CFLE Advisory Board Mission Statement
To provide leadership for the ongoing development of the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program as a method to advance and promote Family Life Education as an important and emerging profession.
The CFLE Advisory Board consists of nine appointed volunteer members whose primary responsibility is to develop and implement policies regarding the promotion and advancement of the CFLE program. Each member serves a two-, three-, or four-year term, with a minimum of two members being replaced each year. Positions include practitioner representative, academic representative, an employer representative, and a Students and New Professionals (SNP) representative.
Qualifications for Academic Representative
- Current CFLE with full status
- Active CFLE for at least five years
- Active NCFR member
- Demonstrated experience in Family Life Education (minimum three years)
- Current board members may apply for a second term; however, a board member cannot serve more than two consecutive terms without at least a one-year gap between terms
- Willingness to review and decide upon any appeals submitted to the board
- Board members participate in 3–4 online meetings throughout the year.
- Board members are expected to attend the CFLE Advisory Board meeting on site at the NCFR Annual Conference, typically on Tuesday of the conference week. Expenses are the responsibility of the CFLE Advisory Board member.
The estimated time commitment is approximately 15 to 20 hours per year.
Candidates will be selected by members of the CFLE Advisory Board. If interested, please email the following to Dawn Cassidy by Sept. 3, 2019:
- Position desired (academic or practitioner representative)
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Summary of participation in NCFR, including length of membership, section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, and other involvement
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Statement of Interest: Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Advisory Board and what do you have to offer?
- Headshot photo in JPG or TIF format (at least 150kb in size, 300 dpi preferred) for use in promotions.
For more information, email Dawn Cassidy or call her at 763-231-2882.