Call for Applications: CFLE Advisory Board – Academic Representative
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) is seeking an academic representative to serve on the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Advisory Board for a three-year term beginning Jan. 1, 2019.
Email your application materials by Aug. 15, 2018. More details are below.
The CFLE Advisory Board consists of nine appointed volunteer members whose primary responsibility is to develop and implement policies regarding the promotion and advancement of the CFLE program. Each member serves a two-, three-, or four-year term, with a minimum of two members being replaced each year. Positions include practitioner representatives, academic representatives, an employer representative, and a Students and New Professionals (SNP) representative.
Qualifications for Academic Representative
- Current CFLE with full status
- Active CFLE for at least five years
- Active NCFR member
- Demonstrated experience in Family Life Education (minimum three years)
- Current board members can apply for a second term; however, a board member cannot serve more than two consecutive terms without at least a one-year gap between terms
- Willingness to review and decide upon any appeals submitted to the board
- The board members meet four to five times per year via conference call, and once per year at the NCFR Annual Conference. Board members are expected to attend the on-site CFLE Advisory Board meeting at the NCFR conference. Expenses are the responsibility of the board member.
- Some email correspondence and telephone communication are necessary throughout the year.
- The estimated time commitment is approximately 20 to 30 hours per year.
Candidates will be selected by the CFLE Advisory Board Selection Committee. If interested, please email the following to Dawn Cassidy by Aug. 15, 2018:
- Position desired
- Current vita or resume
- Summary of participation in NCFR, including length of membership, section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, and other involvement
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Statement of interest: Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Advisory Board and what do you have to offer?
- Headshot photo in JPG or TIF format (at least 150kb in size, 300 dpi preferred) for use in promotions.
For more information, email Dawn Cassidy or call her at 763-231-2882.