Winter 2016 Minnesota Affiliate Update
NCFR’s Minnesota affiliate (MNCFR) completed several initiatives over the summer and fall:
- MNCFR was very involved in the affiliate councils’ activities at the NCFR conference in Minneapolis in November. We enjoyed meeting members of other affiliates at the first affiliate “exhibit” tables and at the Newcomers Welcome event. MNCFR also was featured at the Affiliate Councils Workshop, where board members Beth Gausman and Mary Maher spoke about our most recent strategic planning process and shared details about the recent update and training plans for MNCFR’s publication Ethical Thinking and Practice for Parent and Family Educators.
- Our fall 2016 conference, “Tools for Engaging Families in Social, Educational, and Economic Justice,” was held on Dec. 2.
- MNCFR presented three awards at the fall conference:
- The Ruth Hathaway Jewson Distinguished Service to Families Award was given to Mary Maher.
- The Friend of the Family Award was presented to the Minnesota Organization for Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- The Distinguished Service to MNCFR Award was given to Ron Pitzer.
Copyright © 2016 National Council on Family Relations (NCFR). Contact NCFR for permission to reprint, reproduce, disseminate, or distribute by any means.