Student or New Professional Position Available on the CFLE Advisory Board
NCFR is currently seeking one Student/New Professional Representative to serve on the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Advisory Board.
Students and New Professionals (SNPs) includes anyone who is an undergraduate or graduate student or a new professional within five years of last degree. The available position would be a three-year term from January 2022 to December 2024.
CFLE Advisory Board Mission Statement:
To provide leadership for the ongoing development of the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program as a method to advance and promote Family Life Education as an important and emerging profession.
The CFLE Advisory Board consists of nine appointed voluntary members whose primary responsibility is to develop and implement policies regarding the promotion and advancement of the CFLE program. Each member serves a two to four-year term. Positions include Practitioner Representative, Academic Representative, an Employer Representative, and a Student/New Professional Representative.
- Current Certified Family Life Educator with full or provisional* status
- Active Certified Family Life Educator for at least one year
- Active NCFR member
- Demonstrated experience in Family Life Education (minimum one year)
- Current board members can apply for a second term; however, a board member cannot serve more than two consecutive terms without a minimum one-year gap between terms
- Board members participate in 3 to 5 online meetings throughout the year
- Board members are expected to attend the Advisory Board meeting at the NCFR Conference, typically on Tuesday of that week. Expenses are the responsibility of the CFLE Advisory Board member
- *There may be some Board responsibilities, such as reviewing CFLE Emeritus applications, in which an SNP representative with provisional status would not be involved.
- The estimated time commitment is approximately 15 to 20 hours per year
Candidates will be selected by members of the CFLE Advisory Board. If interested please submit the following to Dawn Cassidy at [email protected] by December 1, 2021. Please include:
- Current vitae or resume
- Summary of participation in NCFR including length of membership, NCFR Section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, etc.
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Statement of Interest – Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Advisory Board and what do you have to offer?
- Photo in JPEG or TIF format (at least 300 DPI) for use in promotion
For more information contact Dawn Cassidy at 763-231-2882 or dawncassidy[email protected]