Washburn University Program Receives CFLE Approval
The applied science in family services undergraduate program at Washburn University is the newest program to meet the criteria for the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) credential.
In addition, 18 CFLE-approved programs renewed their status for an additional five year period in the latter half of 2019. Congratulations to these programs:
- Central Michigan University, Family Studies – Undergraduate
- Concordia University Saint Paul, Family Science – Undergraduate (both the on-campus and online programs)
- East Carolina University, Family & Community Services – Undergraduate
- Eastern Illinois University, Human Services Program Administration – Undergraduate
- Georgia Southern University, Child & Family Development – Undergraduate
- Iowa State University, Human Development and Family Studies
- Kansas State University, Applied Family Science – Graduate
- Longwood University, Sociology/Family Studies – Undergraduate
- Lubbock Christian University, Family Studies
- Mississippi University for Women, Family Studies
- New Mexico State University, Family & Child Studies – Undergraduate
- North Carolina State University, Youth, Family, & Community Sciences – Graduate
- North Dakota State University, Human Development & Family Science – Undergraduate
- Portland State University, Child, Youth, & Family Studies – Undergraduate
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Human Development & Family Studies – Undergraduate
- University of Missouri, Human Development and Family Science
- University of Rhode Island, Human Development & Family Studies – Undergraduate
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Human Development & Family Studies – Undergraduate
More than 130 degree programs at university and colleges throughout the United States and Canada have been CFLE-approved by NCFR.
NCFR, which administers the CFLE credential, recognizes regionally accredited schools offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs with course work that includes content covering the 10 Family Life Education content areas required for approval as a provisional CFLE. NCFR approval allows graduates of these programs the opportunity to apply for provisional CFLE certification without taking the CFLE exam.
Interested in getting your program approved? Learn more about CFLE Academic Program Approval.