NCFR has a wealth of resources to use in your family-focused job, to add to your professional knowledge and skills, and to navigate your career path.
Publications & Collections on Family Topics
- Resource Collections — a growing list of curated resource collections on family subject-matter and professional topics
- NCFR Report magazine — current and past issues, including Family Focus articles, from NCFR's quarterly member magazine
- CFLE Network newsletter — current and past issues from NCFR's quarterly publication for Certified Family Life Educators
- Research and Policy Briefs — NCFR provides policymakers with research on families to help inform policy decisions that affect families.
- Tools for Ethical Thinking and Practice in Family Life Education: 4th Edition — useful for teaching about professional ethics in the classroom and as a resource for practicing family professionals.
- Wisdom for Parents: Key Ideas From Parent Educators — a book of lessons learned and wisdom imparted by Certified Family Life Educators.
- Family Life Education: The Practice of Family Science — provides a comprehensive examination of the Family Life Education profession for professionals and students
Presentations & Videos
- Upcoming Webinars and On-Demand Webinar Recordings — all our professional development webinars are available to attend live, or to watch later as recordings of the live sessions. Also available for classroom use!
- Conference Session Recordings — video and audio recordings of sessions from past NCFR Annual Conferences
For Your Career
- Exploring Careers in Family Science — a one-stop shop that introduces Family Science work settings, example job titles and responsibilities, how to specialize in a career, and how to identify a career that fits you
- Jobs Center — listings of family-field job openings, and a place for organizations to post their openings
- More Career Resources — resources to help you navigate and advance your career at any stage
- Degree Programs in Family Science — a comprehensive listing of institutions offering Family Science degrees
Promoting Family Science
- The Basics: What Is Family Science?
- Guide: How to Explain Family Science to Anyone
- Article: Why Family Science? Because It Shows Us How Families Can Thrive
- Your Toolkit to Promote Family Science (graphics & other promotional downloads)
- Exploring Careers in Family Science
- History of Family Science
- Glossary of Family Science Identity
- Resources for Changing Your Academic Program's Name
Policy Work & Resources
- NCFR Research and Policy Briefs — Topics are timely and include a family perspective. Briefs are based on high-quality research; are educational, non-partisan, and objective; are written by experts in the field; and go through a peer-review process.
- NCFR Research Summaries — NCFR has created summaries of Family Science research to inform policymakers, educators, practitioners, and community advocates on issues related to strengthening and supporting families.
- Policy Advocacy Toolkit — Support Family Science and faculty in higher education, disseminate research to policymakers, advocate for families, or address other policy areas that are important to you.
- United Nations — NCFR helps to provide research to information policies is through its involvement with the United Nations.
- Advocacy for the Family Science Discipline and Professions — NCFR associates with organizations that advocate for the social sciences and professional certifications at state and federal government levels. NCFR will also engage in its own efforts to advocate for the Family Science discipline and professions.
- And more!
Search Resources By Keyword or Topic
- Resource Library — a repository of articles, syllabi, research briefs, webinars, and more from NCFR and other organizations to help you in your field of work