Open Rank: Early Childhood Education
The Department of Individual, Family and Community Education (IFCE) at the University of New Mexico, College of Education and Human Sciences, invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor position in Early Childhood Education beginning August 2022. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and education.
The UNM College of Education and Human Sciences, comprised of five academic departments, is a future-oriented, dynamic professional school. The Department of Individual, Family and Community Education is one of the largest departments in the college with the uniqueness of having counselor education, educational psychology, family and child studies, and nutrition/dietetics together as an academic unit. The department has both undergraduate and graduate programs.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in early childhood education at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, and provide advisement to undergraduate and graduate students. In addition to other professional service, the candidate will participate in admissions and assessments/evaluations, and contribute to overall program development. Finally, the candidate is expected to maintain an active research agenda, as broadly defined in our department and university. The successful candidate will have completed all requirements for the Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Early Childhood Education or a related field (e.g., Teacher Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Literacy Education, Math and Science Education, Early Childhood Curriculum, Early Childhood Pedagogy, Family and Child Studies) by August 15, 2022.
Learn more about life in Albuquerque, NM : https://advance.unm.edu/why-abq/
· Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Early Childhood Education or a related field (e.g., Teacher Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Literacy Education, Math and Science Education, Early Childhood Curriculum, Early Childhood Pedagogy, Family and Child Studies) by appointment date (August 15th, 2022)
· Record of Teaching Experience
· Written Academic Work
· Specialization in early childhood education with a focus on pedagogy and curriculum development
· Strength of preparation and promise of scholarship
· Ability to teach undergraduate and/or graduate-level courses in early childhood, including courses focused on pedagogy and curriculum development
· Potential for assuming an active role in all program activities including accreditation, community outreach, and facilitating and maintaining program protocol
· Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities
· Evidence of a promising early childhood research agenda as demonstrated by publication and presentation activity
· Demonstrated leadership in Early Childhood Education, as demonstrated by progressive leadership positions in ECE programs, regional/state, and/or national organizations
The University of New Mexico is the premier research university in the state of New Mexico, as well as a Carnegie R1: a doctoral university, very high research activity, and a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution.
The University is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, an ethnically diverse metropolitan area (population about 900,000 residents) that is listed as one of the best small cities in the U.S. by National Geographic Traveler. The city has a rich culture and a location offering unparalleled opportunities for outdoor adventure. The University is located within one hour of Santa Fe, three hours of Taos, and within minutes of the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges, which offer great opportunities for hiking, biking, rock climbing, skiing, and other outdoor activities.
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Visit this site to apply:
Complete Application Packets should include: 1. Letter of intent 2. Curriculum vitae 3. Teaching materials (sample syllabi, evaluations, etc.), teaching and supervision statement 4. Transcripts for all collegiate coursework (readable, unofficial copies will be accepted for applications) 5. Contact information for three professional references
Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.