Assistant Professor in Marriage and Family Therapy - HDFS
The Department of Human Development and Family Studies at Utah State University invites applications for a position as an Assistant Professor in an accredited Marriage and Family Therapy program. Areas of research specialization within the MFT field are open and Family Studies experience is welcome. This is a tenure-track, nine-month academic year position anticipated to begin August 2019.
- Teaching classes
- Supervising practica
- Conducting research
- Seeking external funding
- Ph.D. to be completed prior to starting date
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor Designation or AAMFT Supervisory Candidate
- MFT license eligible in Utah
- Demonstrated history of publishing in field-related journals and potential to secure external funding
- Demonstrated competence in teaching college courses
- Expertise in Neuropsychology, Play Therapy, or Family Communication
- Familiarity with distance technologies including web-based education Grant writing experience
- Cultural competence awareness and expertise
- Involvement in professional organizations and other professional contexts
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 28,000 students (25,000 undergraduates and 3,000 graduate students) on the Logan main campus, four regional campuses, two USU Eastern campuses, and 28 centers throughout the state. USU offers 162 undergraduate majors, 153 graduate programs, and a variety of innovative stackable associate and certificate credentials. The 2018 rankings from Washington Monthly ranked USU as one of the top 30 national Universities and the 5th best public national university in the nation. As one of the two premier research institutions in Utah, USU is proud to provide a high-quality education at an affordable price. Additional information about Utah State University can be found at: https://www.usu.edu/about/at-a-glance/.
A core characteristic of USU is engagement with communities and people in economic development, improvements to quality of life, and human capital. Through the practical application of knowledge, the University and its faculty engage and share expertise with the state, nation, and world, preserving the historical land-grant tradition of partnering with communities to address critical societal issues in the interest of the public good.
The USU main campus is located in beautiful Logan, Utah; a city of about 50,000 situated in a picturesque mountain valley about 80 miles north of Salt Lake City. Outstanding recreational opportunities abound in the nearby mountains and proximate region. Additional information about Logan can be found at: http://www.loganutah.org/visitors/about_logan/index.php.
USU recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the university’s academic mission of learning, discovery, and engagement (https://www.usu.edu/president/missionstatement/). USU is an AA/EO employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity/expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy or local, state, or federal law. Learn more at www.aaeo.usu.edu/non-discrimination. USU is sensitive to the needs of dual career couples and provides a Dual Career Assistance program. Additional information can be found at: http://www.usu.edu/provost/faculty-life/dual-career-assistance.cfm.
Utah State University
6435 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84335
Along with the online application, please attach:
1) A current curriculum vitae to be uploaded in the candidate profile
2) Evidence of teaching effectiveness (e.g.,course evaluations) to be uploaded in the candidate profile
3) Samples of recent publications or paper presentations to be uploaded in the candidate profile
4) A cover letter describing qualifications for the position
5) Other - Statements regarding your research goals, philosophy of teaching, and philosophy of supervision
Please do not attach cover letter and 'other' documents in the candidate profile; you will be instructed to copy and paste in the application.
**Document size may not exceed 10 MB.**
EMAIL SEARCH CHAIR, Dave Robinson, AT [email protected] WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE POSITION.