CFLE Network: Understanding Gun Violence from a Family Perspective
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is Understanding Gun Violence from a Family Perspective.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
Family Life Education in Practice
- *Gun Violence Prevention: The Role of the CFLE in the Movement to Save Families — Julia M. Bernard, Ph.D., LMFT, CFLE
- *Spotlight on Erie, PA: What One Community Is Doing to Combat Local Gun Violence and What Family Life Educators Can Learn for Their Own Communities — Adrienne L. Riegle, Ph.D., CFLE
- *Disrupting Unhelpful Social Narratives About Gun Violence — Marcy L. Peake, M.A., LPC, NCC, CFLE
- *Revision of the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) Code of Professional Ethics — Bryce Dickey, M.S., CFLE, Dorothy Berglund, Ph.D., CFLE, Susan Meyerle, Ph.D., CFLE, and Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE
- Gun Violence Prevention Resources
- Disarming the Teaching and Learning Process — Melissa Scott Kozak, Ph.D., CFLE
- Deliberating in the Classroom: Student Perspective — Katrina Schlechte
Research Update for Practitioners
- A Gun in the Home: The Role of Family Education in an Era of Gun Violence — Tami Moore, Ph.D., CFLE
- We’ve Had Enough: A Guide for Family Life Educators to Navigate the Effects of Gun Violence Within Families — Kaylee Seddio, Ph.D., CFLE; and Wendy Middlemiss, Ph.D., CFLE
- What Do Firearms and Mental Illness Have in Common with Family Life Educators? — Mara Biere, M.A., CFLE
- *APR Update: Academic Advisory Board + Best Practices = Benefits for Program, Faculty, and Students — Deborah B. Gentry, Ed.D., CFLE, NCFR Academic Program Liaison
- *Directions: Expanding NCFR’s Webinar Program — Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLE Spotlight: Shirley May Harmon Hanson, RN, Ph.D., CFLE, LMFT
- *CFLE in the News