CFLE Network Newsletter
CFLE Network, a quarterly newsletter published by the National Council on Family Relations for Certified Family Life Educators, is a resource filled with information about Family Life Education. Network provides an opportunity for CFLEs to share their knowledge and expertise with other active CFLEs through research- or practice-based articles.
Editor: Elizabeth L. Morgan, Ph.D., CFLE
Writing for Network: Authors interested in contributing an article to CFLE Network should first review the full author guidelines (PDF).
Advertising in Network: For advertising in Network, see details about opportunities and specs.
CFLE Network Call for Articles: Winter 2020 Issue
The theme for the CFLE Network Winter 2020 issue is LGBTQ Families and Individuals.
Please consider contributing an article for the winter Network about one of the following areas:
- Your professional experience(s) working with LGBTQ families and individuals.
- Developing and/or providing pertinent formal and informal individual or family support programs and services.
- Educating teachers, parents, parent educators, policymakers, and interested others about the implications of pertinent research, policies, laws, or regulations for LGBTQ family and child well-being.
- Any topic relevant to Family Life Education and the LGBTQ population.
Why This Theme?
- More than 10.7 million adults in the U.S. self-identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer (LGBTQ), with about half of this population identifying as bisexual.
- LGBTQ families vary in their composition: parental marital status, how they became parents (e.g., adoption, artificial insemination, prior heterosexual partner), and whether the family is intact or blended.
- About 2- to 3-plus million children under age 18 have a LGBTQ parent (Source: Family Equality Council, familyequality.org; Family Equality Council LGBTQ Fact Sheet).
- 1.4 million adults in the U.S. identify as transgender, with younger adults more likely than older adults to do so (Source: Flores, A.R. Herman, J.L. Gates, G.J. & Brown, T.N.T. (2016). How Many Adults Identify as Transgender in the United States? Los Angeles, CA: The Williams Institute).
How to Submit
Prospective authors should indicate intent to submit by Dec. 1, 2019. Contact Network Editor Elizabeth Morgan by email with questions or about your interest in submitting, and include two or three sentences summarizing what you wish to cover.
Completed articles are due Dec. 15, 2019. Please review the complete author guidelines below.
Copyright and Permissions
Copyright © 2019 National Council on Family Relations
CFLE Network is a copyrighted publication of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR). No part of CFLE Network may be reprinted, reproduced, disseminated, or distributed by any means, including for classroom use, without permission of NCFR.
Permissions are available by contacting NCFR. NCFR reserves the right to deny any permission at its sole discretion.
The views expressed in CFLE Network may not represent the views of the entire NCFR organization.