CFLE Network: Supporting Military and Veteran Families
NCFR is proud to present its latest issue of CFLE Network, the newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators. This issue's topic is supporting military and veteran families.
Visit this page for the PDF of the complete issue.
Articles marked by an asterisk (*) are open to the general public.
Family Life Education in Practice
- Extension-Based CFLE and Veterans Service Office Partner to Deliver Financial Literacy Program to Veterans — by Katie Schlagheck, M.S., CFLE
- Understanding the Unique Challenges of Reserve and National Guard Service Members and Families — by Shawna D. Wilhoite, MBA, CFLE-P, CA
Research Update for Practitioners
- Military Cultural Competence: Implications for Those Working With Military Families — by Kelly Cheeseman, M.S., M.A.
- Broadening Our Understanding of Military Family Systems and What It Means for FLE Practice — by Karen Shirer, Ph.D., and Sara Croymans, M.Ed., AFC
- CFLEs Are More Equipped Than They Realize to Help Military Families Cope With Unique Stressors — by Alexus Hamilton, M.MFT, James Duncan, Ph.D., CFLE, DAV, and Kayla Reed-Fitzke, Ph.D., LMFT
- Research Update: Snapshot of Military and Veteran Women in Transition and Suggested Supports — by Patricia Dwyer-Morgan, MPP
Ethics Case Study
- Ethics Case Study: Military Families and Substance Abuse — by Ava Simmons, CFLE-P
- Supporting Military and Veteran Families Resources
- *Academic Program Review Update: Internship Best Practices — by Deborah Gentry, Ed.D., CFLE, NCFR Academic Program Liaison
- *Directions: “Defund the Police.” A Call to Action for Family Science and Family Life Educators — by Dawn Cassidy, M.Ed., CFLE, Director of Family Life Education
- *CFLEs in the News
Exclusive Online Articles
- Equipping Helping Professionals with Evidence-based Solutions: Connecting Family Science and Practice to Serve Military Families — by Mallory Lucier-Greer, Ph.D., CFLE, & Catherine W. O’Neal, Ph.D.
- The Dynamics and Potential Stressors Associated with Service Members’ Deployment, Homecoming, and Reintegration — by Damon J. Bullock, Ph.D.
- Moral Injury and the Military Family — by Ilya A. Okhotnikov, Ph.D., D.Min., CFLE-P, & Amanda Mayer, Ph.D., LMFT
- Depressive Symptoms and Food Insecurity Among Military Students and Dependents of Military Members on College Campuses — by Kimberly Doudna, Ph.D., Jou-Chen Chen, Ph.D., CFLE, & Crystal Duncan Lane, Ph.D., CFLE