Submission Guidelines for Journal of Family Theory & Review
Journal of Family Theory & Review
Published on behalf of the National Council on Family Relations
Editor: Mark A. Fine, Ph.D.
Print ISSN: 1756-2570
Online ISSN: 1756-2589
Issues per Volume: Four times a year
The Journal of Family Theory & Review publishes original work consistent with our mission.
GENERAL: Manuscripts must be submitted online. For detailed instructions on uploading your manuscript, please visit the Journal of Family Theory & Review online submission site http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jftr and log on. If you need assistance select Get Help . Once logged on select Author Center, and then select Submit a new manuscript. If you do not have a user ID, click the Create an account icon and follow the online instructions. Any major word processing software may be used for the preparation of manuscripts, and both DOS-based and Macintosh operating systems are acceptable. The author checklist must be completed during the submission process.
Please note that all submissions are prescreened for suitability. Papers that fail to comply with manuscript preparation guidelines may be rejected without peer review at the discretion of the Editor, particularly in cases where the paper does not comply with APA style guidelines, or clearly falls outside the scope of the journal.
The Journal of Family Theory & Review is a peer-reviewed journal published by the National Council on Family Relations.
- Submit manuscripts on line at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jftr. The site contains links to instructions for manuscript preparation (Instructions and Forms) as well as on line user's guide (Get Help Now) for help navigating the site.
- Submit only previously unpublished work.
- The Journal of Family Theory & Review has a policy of anonymous or masked review. Manuscripts should not include authors' names, institutional affiliation, or contact information on the title page.
- Authors should make every effort to see that the manuscript itself contains no clues to the author's identity.
- A manuscript submission fee is required ($25 for NCFR members, $35 for nonmembers). Authors are prompted for payment information at http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/jftr
- Prior to publication in JFTR, corresponding authors will receive an email from Wiley’s Author Services system which will ask them to log in and complete a copyright agreement.
- Comments on articles published in JFTR are evaluated in the same way as other manuscripts. If the comment is accepted for publication, the author(s) of the original article will be invited to reply