Position Available on the CFLE Advisory Board
The National Council on Family Relations (NCFR) is currently seeking one Practitioner Representative to serve on the Certified Family Life Educator Advisory Board.
The position begins in 2021.
Email your application materials by Jan. 31, 2021. More details are below.
CFLE Advisory Board Mission Statement:
To provide leadership for the ongoing development of the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) program as a method to advance and promote Family Life Education as an important and emerging profession.
The CFLE Advisory Board consists of nine appointed voluntary members whose primary responsibility is to develop and implement policies regarding the promotion and advancement of the CFLE program. Each member serves a two to four-year term with a minimum of two members being replaced each year. Positions include Practitioner Representative, Academic Representative, an Employer Representative, and a Student/New Professional Representative.
- Current Certified Family Life Educator with full status
- Active Certified Family Life Educator for at least five years
- Active NCFR member
- Demonstrated experience in Family Life Education (minimum three years)
- Current board members can apply for a second term; however, a board member cannot serve more than two consecutive terms without a minimum one-year gap between terms
- Willingness to review and decide upon any appeals submitted to the Advisory Board
- Board members participate in 3 to 4 online meetings throughout the year
- Board members are expected to attend the Advisory Board meeting at the NCFR Conference, typically on Tuesday of that week. Expenses are the responsibility of the CFLE Advisory Board member
- The estimated time commitment is approximately 15 to 20 hours per year
Candidates will be selected by members of the CFLE Advisory Board. If interested please submit the following to Dawn Cassidy at [email protected] by January 31, 2021. Please include:
- Current vitae or resume
- Summary of participation in NCFR including length of membership, NCFR Section and committee involvement, elected positions, number of NCFR conferences attended, etc.
- Affiliation with other professional associations
- Statement of Interest – Why do you want to serve on the CFLE Advisory Board and what do you have to offer?
- Photo in JPEG or TIF format (at least 300 DPI) for use in promotion
For more information contact Dawn Cassidy at 763-231-2882 or [email protected]