Career Resources for Students
Undergraduate and graduate students: Find resources here to help you in your career explorations, transitioning into your field of choice, and more.
- Article: Strategies and Tips for Getting a Job — How should you plan for a job search? What's the best way to approach an interview? Find some helpful hints here.
- Careers in Family Science booklet (PDF) — What can you do with a degree in Family Science? This book contains information about the discipline and profession, degree programs, and profiles of people in family careers.
- Website: Occupational Outlook Handbook — A guide to occupations from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Article: Careers in Family Life Education — "The question is not 'What can I do with a degree in family life education?" but rather, 'Which of all these options can I do?' "
- Article: Family Life Education: The Launching Platform to the Helping Professions — HDFS majors can find employment dealing with the entire lifespan.
- Article: Professionalization of Family Life Education: Defining the Field — This Family Relations journal article asked professionals about their characteristics, work environments, and practice tasks.
- Article: Choosing the MFT Program That's Right for You — Ben Caldwell, Ph.D., discusses marriage and family therapy graduate school options.
- Article: What Does Good Mentoring Look Like? — Rodney Cate, Ph.D., answers questions about finding a mentor and making the most of a mentoring relationship.
Want to find the right postsecondary program for you? Search NCFR's online Degree Programs Guide.
For more resources to help you do your job, search our online Resource Library.
Job hunting? Want to post a job that's available where you work? Visit the NCFR Jobs Center.