NCFR Résumé and Curriculum Vitae Review Program
You want your résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) to stand out to employers when you're searching for a new position.
Get valuable feedback through NCFR's Résumé and Curriculum Vitae Review Program — exclusively for NCFR members — to help make sure your CV or résumé is the best it can be.
The résumé/CV review program is meant to help Family Science students, new professionals, and professionals develop an effective résumé or curriculum vitae (CV) using feedback from seasoned reviewers (who are also NCFR members). Any NCFR member may submit their document to the review program to receive a review.
Here's How It Works
- Submit your résumé or CV during one of the annual submission periods, using the submission webform. In addition to uploading your Word document, you'll provide brief information about:
- your current professional or student status;
- the employment settings and roles/positions to which you plan to apply for jobs; and
- any specific feedback you're looking for.
- Based on your specific situation and needs, your document will be matched to 1-2 experienced NCFR members for review. Reviewers are professional members of NCFR who currently work with résumé & CV pedagogy or evaluation in other capacities. They are committed to providing quality feedback about your document's content, formatting, structure, appearance, and more.
- Reviewers conduct their reviews and send their documented feedback back to NCFR.
- NCFR sends you the feedback from your reviewers approximately one month after the end of the submission period.
What's a Résumé? What's a CV?
- Résumé: a short document describing education, work history, etc., given to an employer when applying for a job; typically used for jobs outside academia and scientific research
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): an account of one’s career and qualifications prepared by an applicant for a position, typically submitted for jobs in academia and scientific research
Review Program Submission Periods
- Jan. 1–15: Résumé/CV submissions accepted
- Jan. 20–Feb. 10: Review period
- Feb. 15: Participants receive their feedback
- April 1–15: Résumé/CV submissions accepted
- April 20–May 10: Review period
- May 15: Participants receive their feedback
- Aug. 1–15: Résumé/CV submissions accepted
- Aug. 20–Sept. 10: Review period
- Sept. 15: Participants receive their feedback
Apply to Be a Reviewer
If you're interested in becoming a reviewer for this program, see the reviewer application form to learn more about the reviewer role and apply.
Thank you to all the reviewers who volunteer their time to provide feedback for the Résumé and Curriculum Vitae Review Program. Without their support, NCFR would not be able to offer this valuable career development program for our members.
Reviewers for Fall 2019
- Lindsey Almond
- Shayne Anderson
- Roxanne Atterholt
- Jill Bowers
- Jinmyoung Cho
- Bree Cook
- Yvette Harris
- Uma Krishnan
- Candice Maier
- Nicole McAninch
- Wendy Middlemiss
- Hannah Mudrick
- Jennifer Reinke
- Aya Shigeto
- Sarah Taylor
- Joshua Turner
- Silvia Vilches
- Sabine Walper
- Rob Weisskirch
- Jeremy Yorgason