Advancing Family Science Legacy Award
The Advancing Family Science Section Legacy Award is an award presented each year to recognize members who make significant and lasting contributions to the field of Family Science through their teaching and scholarship of teaching/administration and/or advancement of the discipline of family science.
A plaque will be awarded and recognition given at the Advancing Family Science annual section meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference.
The nominee should:
- be an NCFR and Advancing Family Science section member;
- have high visibility in the Advancing Family Science Section;
- have been a member of the Advancing Family Science Section for at least 10 years (does not need to be consecutive);
- have evidence of significant and lasting contributions to the field of family science through their teaching and scholarship or teaching, administration, and/or advancement of the discipline of Family Science.
- Applicants can be nominated by colleagues or self-nominated.
- Applicants must provide at least 2 letters of support that address the applicant's significant and lasting contributions to the field of Family Science.
- Nominations should address the following:
- how applicant's work meets the criteria of the award;
- how long the applicant has been an Advancing Family Science section member;
- description of present and past participation in Advancing Family Science;
- applicant's updated vitae or resume.
May 1: Nominations deadline. Submit all materials to Bethany Cox
August 31: The winner is notified by this date