Outstanding Doctoral Student and New Professional Poster Award
2022 - No Recipient
Jacqlyn L. Yourell, M.S. University of Florida
“Weight-Talk Between Parents and Adolescents: A Systematic Review of Relationships With Health-Related and Psychosocial Outcomes”
This award recognizes outstanding achievement with an award to the best doctoral student or new professional poster. The Families and Health (FH) section outstanding student and new professional poster awards are intended to foster scholarly activity and to assist in identifying future leaders.
The recipient(s) receives a $200 cash award, one year of section membership, and a plaque. The award is presented annually at the Families and Health (FH) Section annual meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference.
The applicant must be either a:
- a student who is seeking a doctoral degree in Family Science, human development, public health, nursing, psychology, sociology, or related field; or
- a new professional who has graduated in a field of study related to NCFR’s mission and worked in the field for less than five years.
The applicant must also be a current member of NCFR and the FH Section. Not a section member yet? Joining is easy! Login to my.ncfr.org and click Join Additional Sections.
- FH Chair-elect sends a notice to all FH Section members each year announcing the opportunity to submit a poster for evaluation for this award; and
- Only first authors on posters are considered.
- Prior award recipients are not eligible to apply.
- Send two PDF copies (one with author details, one with author details removed) of the poster to the SNP Families and Health representative by designated deadline. Also, send information on your designated poster session time at the NCFR Annual Conference as well as your current status as Ph.D. student or new professional.
October 1: Application deadline. Submit all materials to section SNP representative Myles Maxey.