Outstanding Student and New Professional Poster Award
2018 Outstanding Student and New Professional Poster Award
Deirdre Quinn, Ph.D., University of Maryland
“Factors Associated with Emerging Adult's HPV Behaviors.”
This award recognizes outstanding achievement with an award to the best a) undergraduate or masters student, and b) doctoral student or new professional poster. The Family and Health (FH) section outstanding student and new professional poster awards are intended to foster scholarly activity and to assist in identifying future leaders.
The winners receive a $100 cash award, a certificate and a ribbon on their poster. Awards are announced to applicants prior to the NCFR conference and presented annually at the FH section meeting at the NCFR Annual Conference.
The applicant must be either a:
- student who is seeking a degree in family studies, family sciences, human development, public health, nursing, psychology, sociology, or related field, or
- new professional who has graduated in a field of study related to NCFR’s mission and worked in the field for less than five years.
The applicant must be a current member of NCFR and the FH Section.
- FH Chair-elect sends a notice to all FH Section members each year announcing the opportunity to submit a poster for evaluation for this award; and
- Only first authors on posters are considered.
- Prior award winners are not eligible to apply.
- Send PDF of poster to SNP Family and Health representative by designated deadline. Also, send information on your designated poster session time at the NCFR Annual Conference as well as your current status as undergraduate, masters, Ph.D. student or new professional.
October 11: Application deadline. Submit all materials to Carolyn Sutter