Family Focus: Entrepreneurship and Family Business
The Family Focus section of this issue of NCFR Report — themed "Entrepreneurship and Family Business" — includes articles that address how family involvement changes the goals and focus of a business, how business commitments interact with the heatlh of family members, family businesses in different cultural contexts, and more.
- Entrepreneurship and Family Business in Europe: Resources, Contexts, and Resilience — by Giovanna Gianesini, Ph.D., Researcher; Serena Cubico, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Management; and Giuseppe Favretto, Ph.D., Full Professor of Management, Department of Business Administration, University of Verona, Italy
- Turning Family Pains Into Gains: Incorporating Family Science Into Family Business and Social Entrepreneurship — by David S. Jiang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Entrepeneurship, Georgia Southern University; T. Daniel White, Major, U.S. Air Force, doctoral candidate, Department of Management, University of Tennessee; and M. Lane Morris, Ph.D., CFLE, Skinner Professor of Management and Haslam College Associate Dean, University of Tennessee
- The Family Effect in Establishing a Family Business — by Lincoln Brown, doctoral student, Oklahoma State University School of Entrepreneurship
- Linking Family Science and Entrepreneurship to Support Women — by Ileana Maldonado-Bautista, doctoral student; and Karina M. Shreffler, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Human Development & Family Science, Oklahoma State University
- Family Businesses and Health — by Andrea Swenson, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Human Development and Family Studies, University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Tipping the Balance Between Work and Family: Religious Beliefs and Social Obligation Among Female Entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa — by Marsha J. Vaughn, Ph.D., LMFT, Professor of Psychology, Judson University
- Family-Owned Resorts: Current Challenges and Succession Issues — by Kathleen Galvin, Ph.D., Professor of Communications Studies, Northwestern University
- Implications of Family Business and Entrepreneurship Literature for Family Professionals — by Judith A. Myers-Walls, Ph.D.,CFLE, Editor of Family Focus, Professor Emerita, Human Development and Family Studies, Purdue University
Visit this page to see a full PDF of this Family Focus section.