Family Focus on Families and Therapy
Our contributors to this Family Focus section of NCFR Report examine the work of family therapy in several contexts: feminism; health care; military families; gay, lesbian, and bisexual couples; DSM-5 changes; and career/practice development.
NCFR members: View the full PDF of this issue. You will need to be logged in to the website to view articles and the PDF.
- Closure: Why It's a Myth — by Pauline Boss, Ph.D., Professor Emerita, Department of Family Social Science, University of Minnesota
- Mate Selection in the United Arab Emirates — by Kennon Rider, Ph.D., CFLE, associate professor, Zayed University, private practitioner of marriage and family therapy, Dubai
- Searching for a Model and Theory of Mentoring — by Richard S. Wampler and Karen S. Wampler, Michigan State University
- Responding to Disaster: Family Therapists in Fieldwork — by Tai J. Mendenhall, Ph.D., LMFT, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities
- Toward Mutual Support: A Feminist, Socioemotional Approach to Couple Therapy — by Carmen Knudson-Martin and Douglas Huenergardt, Department of Counseling and Family Sciences, Loma Linda University
- The New DSM-5 and Its Impact on NCFR — by Rose E. Constantino, Ph.D., J.D., R.N., FAAN, FACFE, University of Pittsburgh School of Nursing
- Feminist Family Therapy — by Christi R. McGeorge, North Dakota State University, and Leigh A. Leslie, University of Maryland
- Therapists Coming Out of the Closet: Affirmative Couple and Family Therapy with Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Clients — by Christi R. McGeorge, Ph.D., and Tom Stone Carlson, Ph.D., North Dakota State University
- Family Therapy in Healthcare Contexts: A Call to Action — by Aubry Koehler, M.A.; Roberta Bellamy, M.S.; Jennifer Hodgson, Ph.D.; and Josh Fowler, M.S.; East Carolina University, Department of Child Development and Family Relations
- Increasing Positive Behavior in Couples — by Leonard Sturdivant, M.S., doctoral student, MFT, Department of Human Development, Virginia Tech
- Charting Your Course as a Private Practitioner — by William D. Allen, Ph.D., LMFT
- Intimate Partner Violence in the Military — by Sandra M. Stith, Ph.D., professor, School of Family Studies and Human Services, Kansas State University
Copyright and Permissions
Family Focus is part of NCFR Report, a copyrighted publication of the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR). No part of NCFR Report, including Family Focus articles, may be reproduced, disseminated, or distributed by any means without permission of NCFR. Reprints of this publication and permissions for use are available by contacting NCFR, 888-781-9331, [email protected].