Publishing Tips for NCFR Publications
Those interested in writing for one of NCFR's scholarly journals should begin with the journals area of the NCFR website.
Writing for NCFR Scholarly Journals
- Writing for the Journal of Marriage and Family
- Writing for Family Relations: Interdisciplinary Journal of Applied Family Studies
- Writing for the Journal of Family Theory & Review
Helpful articles to assist authors with the scholarly writing process:
- Craftways: Writing & Evaluating Theory, Review & Research Articles by Robert Milardo, Ph.D., Editor, Journal of Marriage and Family
- Writing for a Scholarly Journal, by Ronald Sabatelli, Ph.D., Editor, Family Relations.
Other NCFR Publications
NCFR has two other regular publications that take submissions. Please see each for submission guidelines:
- NCFR Report, NCFR's quarterly member magazine. In particular, the Family Focus section of NCFR Report publishes member-written translational, research-based articles on family topics.
- CFLE Network, NCFR's quarterly newsletter for Certified Family Life Educators, which includes articles on practice and teaching issues pertaining to Family Life Education.