Your Toolkit to Promote Family Science
- Making a flier about Family Science for your academic department?
- Want a graphic to post on social media about Family Science careers?
- Teaching your students about the identity of Family Science?
In NCFR's online Toolkit to Promote Family Science, you'll find an ever-growing collection of resources supporting the identity of the Family Science discipline — graphics, fliers, posters, email signatures, and more — all available for your use.
The 140+ resources currently in the toolkit are...
- Available to download 24/7 — you pick and choose what you need
- Provided in multiple sizes and file formats for different uses
No permission or attribution is required for these materials, though we'd love to see how you use them — tag NCFR in your social posts and include the #WeAreFamilyScience hashtag!
Link to Toolkit
On the toolkit home screen, you'll see these specific folders you can click into:
- Graphics for Web & Social Media — smaller file sizes to use on any website or social media pages/accounts
- Graphics, Print-Quality — larger files for high-quality display on printed fliers or brochures you're creating
- Email Signatures — small images, plus text options for written taglines
- Handouts & Fliers — complete PDF fliers for various uses
- Posters — multiple large designs & sizes so you can print your own posters
- Articles & Stories — career profiles & links to short background articles about Family Science
- Interactive Tools — links to other interactive online resources, including NCFR's guides to degree programs and career options
If you're not finding something you need or would like to request a new item, please contact NCFR staff!
How the Toolkit Can Work for You
NCFR members and other Family Scientists are successfully using the toolkit materials to educate others about Family Science! See what they're saying:
"I think more of our staff/colleagues also finally have a sense of what our unit does, and that HDFS graduates can do more than work in a child care center (we've said this for years, but these handouts/toolkit seem to have finally pushed through some understanding). It's also been great to have additional posters/flyers to have on hand and decorating our hallways. Our recruitment for students in our Master's of Science in HDFS is way up this year, and I would attribute that at least partially to these 'Promoting Family Science' resources."
"I found this incredibly helpful. Thank you kindly."
"I love the work that NCFR is doing regarding defining Family Science. The tools that were sent out recently are wonderful."
"I love the Family Science toolkit! Great idea!"
2 Ways to Download Files
When you're on the toolkit home screen, click into any folder and identify a file you'd like to download. You can either:
1. Click the circle in the upper-right corner of the item, then in the upper left near the toolkit title, click "Download":
2. Click any file to view a larger preview of it. From the large preview screen, click "Download" in the upper left corner to download that file:
Tips for Navigating the Toolkit
Get back to "Home"
From the toolkit home screen, you can click into the different folders based on your needs. To get back to the home screen to see all the folders again, click where you see "Toolkit Home (All Files)":
Hover to see full file names
If using a computer with a mouse, hover your cursor over any toolkit item to show a pop-up of the item's full file name:
Use "Filters" to narrow down further
Within any of the toolkit folders where you see files available, click the funnel icon in the upper right corner to open filtering options. Filter by subtopics, file types, shapes of graphics, and more.
Follow links to other webpages
Some items in the toolkit are links that will take you to a resource on another NCFR website.
When you see this symbol of an internet browser window and globe, that the item will link you to another webpage: