Students and New Professionals
Students and New Professionals (SNPs) includes anyone who is an undergraduate or graduate student or a new professional within five years of last degree. They challenge the status quo, infuse new ideas into NCFR, and stimulate discussions about the relevance of Family Science and NCFR in society.
There are lots of member benefits SNPs receive by being an NCFR member. A few highlights:
- Awards: SNPs are eligible for NCFR awards — many awards just for students or new professionals (PDF) — including the NCFR Honors Student Recognition program for graduating students.
- Connecting With Other SNPs: SNPs have their own online discussion group through NCFR, where they can ask questions, share ideas and resources, and more.
- Mentoring: Looking to build relationships that support you and help you grow professionally? Check out the NCFR Mentoring Academy, currently a pilot program that matches member mentors and mentees.
- Career Advancement: The NCFR Résumé and Curriculum Vitae Review Program allows any NCFR member to get feedback on their résumé or CV from seasoned member-reviewers.
SNP Leadership Council
The SNP Leadership Council strengthens the identity of SNPs within NCFR, coordinates SNP communications, organizes SNP initiatives more effectively, and enhances involvement via SNP representatives in NCFR sections and student affiliates.
Within the SNP Leadership Council is the SNP Steering Committee, which includes the SNP Board Representative, the SNP Board Representative-Elect, the SNP Conference Program Representative, the SNP Affiliate Councils Board Representative, the Student Affiliate Advisor Representative, and the SNP Inclusion and Diversity Committee Representative.
The Students and New Professionals section representatives (12) and the student affiliate presidents (25+) complete the SNP Leadership Council.
SNP Steering Committee
- Andrea L. Roach (2020) — SNP Board Representative
- Erin S. Lavender-Stott (2020) — SNP Program Co-Representative
- J. Kale Monk, CFLE (2020) — SNP Program Co-Representative
- Bill Anderson (2019) — Student Affiliate Adviser Representative
- Elizabeth Holman (2019) — SNP Inclusion and Diversity Committee Representative