NCFR maintains a comprehensive list of accredited institutions in the U.S. and Canada. Find the institution(s) that offer the areas of study, degrees, and accreditation that fit you best.

If you have a question pertaining to the Certified Family Life Educator (CFLE) credential, please email Maddie Hansen, NCFR's certification coordinator.

For Degree Program Administrators:

Search Tips

For more precise search results when searching for an institution, try using a key term from the institution's name (e.g. Missouri when looking for the University of Missouri) or writing the entire name of the institution in quotation marks (e.g. "University of Missouri").


Showing 1 - 2 of 2 Resource(s)

The interdisciplinary major in child development prepares students for a variety of professional specialties. Graduates with competencies in this major find positions in preschools, day care centers, schools, hospitals, clinics, residential institutions, counseling centers, mental health centers, public welfare agencies, family service agencies, family planning clinics, community programs, business and industry, and government agencies. Students may prepare for teaching credentials and specialized certification (e.g., a teacher of single/multiple subjects in elementary or secondary education, or a family life educator by completing a 15-unit certificate program). The Child Development major provides preparation for graduate study in child or family development, social work, counselor or special education, law and the social sciences. Descriptions of career opportunities of the major and ways to meet credential and certification requirements are available from the undergraduate adviser.

Areas of Study
  • Development (Child, Human, or Family) - Master's
  • Development (Child, Human, or Family) - Undergraduate
  • Early Childhood - Master's
CFLE Approved
Last Updated

The Child, Adolescent, and Family Studies Department in the College of Education offers a Bachelor of Arts degree with two primary areas of concentration: Elementary Education and Caring for Children and Adolescents in Formal Settings. We also have a general track for all other folks who want to work with children, but are not sure in what way. We also offer the Early Childhood Education concentration in the Master of Arts in Education.

Areas of Study
  • Child or Adolescent Science/Studies - Undergraduate
  • Early Childhood - Master's
  • Early Childhood - Undergraduate
  • Family Science/Studies - Master's
  • Family Science/Studies - Undergraduate
Last Updated