Degree Programs in Family Science
Interested in learning about or preparing for a career related to families? Search and filter below by location, degree level, area of study, and more to find the right academic degree program, minor, or certificate for you within Family Science — the scientific study of families and close interpersonal relationships.
Click any degree program name to open more information about that program.
Scroll down to see program listings.
- Areas of Study in This Guide
“Area(s) of Study” is a filtering option in this guide. The area of study for a listing indicates the main curricular focus of that program. Options include:
- Child/Human Development and Family Science/Studies: includes human development and Family Science curricula
- Development (child, adolescent, human, gerontology, or family): focuses on one of more areas or stages of human development, such as the examples listed in parentheses
- Family Life Education: focuses on Family Life Education, a practice area of Family Science that equips families to develop knowledge and skills to enhance their well-being and relationships
- Family Policy: focuses on the development and evaluation of family policies, laws, and advocacy efforts
- Family Resource Management: focuses on addressing decisions families make about developing and allocating resources
- Family Science/Studies/Relations/Ecology/Services: focuses primarily on Family Science curricula. Programs may be titled with terminology other than Family Science, such as “family studies” or “family relations.”
- Parent Education: focuses on the practice of parent education, one type of Family Life Education that centers on parenting practices, skills, and relationships
- Therapy/Counseling (individual, couples, marriage, or family): focuses on therapy or counseling that considers the family, couple, and/or marital relationships in which a person exists
- Youth, Family, and Community Services: focuses on development, administration, and management of family and community service organizations/programs
- For Degree Program Representatives
- About CFLE-Approved Programs